Chapter 21. How did MacArthur's "Anschauungsvermogen" help and/or hurt him?
2. How many times was MacArthur wounded during World War One? The Purple Heart medal is the medal awarded for being wounded.
3. The Medal of Honor is the highest award for heroism in combat that a military service member can win. How many Medals of Honor did MacArthur win in World War One/
4. The Silver Star is a medal awarded to military people for heroic action in combat. How many of these did MacArthur win during WW ONE?
5. What was Joseph C. Chase's impression of MacArthur?
6. What did MacArthur do when he was held up at gun point?
Chapter 1 to page 59
5 Key people named, 5 key dates and what happened, 5 examples of cause and effect, and one Thinking map that shows some aspect of those pages in visual form.
Quiz on pages 39 to 59
Here are some vocabulary words that occur in these pages. Take time to look them up, because you should know by quiz time: nimbus, Spartan, Valkyrie, piety, fastidiousness, caissons, indifferent, elocution, valedictorian, dossier, cloistered, filial, colloquy, pompadour, shako, high jinks,
1. What high school did Douglas MacArthur attend?
2. What college did he attend
3. What was Douglas MacArthur's "favorite entertainment to the end of his life?"
4. What did Macarthur learn at Fort Sedan?
5. Why was Jefferson Davis' name mentioned?
6. What is the significance of the "wad of envelopes" that is mentioned?
7. Why did "Pinky" cite Robert E. Lee and MacArthur's father to Douglas as examples?
8. What did MacArthur overhear when he was 13?
9. What sports did Macarthur play while at the West Texas Military Academy?
10. WHy was MacArthur initially refused entry into West Point Military Academy?
11. How did Dr. Franz Pfister fit into Douglas MacArthur's life?
12. What kind of competition did MacArthur win in Milwaukee?
13. What was the "key to success and victory" according to MacArthur?
14. Why was Craney's Hotel important?
15. What were plebes, yearlings, "wives"
16. What were "Beast Barracks"
17. Who suffered a convulsion on page 51, and why?
18. Why did MacArthur appear before a Congressional Committee?
19. Why was MacArthur called "Dauntless Doug?"
20. What did MacArthur wear until he was age 70?
21. What event involved "Inchon and MacArthur?" Do research.
22. What academy pranks involving "reveille gun(s)" did MacArthur participate?
23. What was the incident involving the "goat sheet" all about?